Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 25th...

19 years ago I attended my 3rd New Kids On The Block concert at the Boston Garden. For some reason, this one holds a lot of meaning to me. I don't know if it's because I saved up the money, I stood in line at the Garden to actually buy the tickets (this is long before the days of buying tickets online - you had to use a phone or go to the physcial venue), and we ended up getting 3rd row on the side. I don't know what it is but every year, the date of November 25th has a special place in my heart.

I can still picture Donnie's red glittery jacket vividly that he wore for "This One's for the Children" and seeing him stand on stage with just a single spotlight as he was talking to the crowd about 'a very serious message, so please listen'...

Maybe it was because we had the best seats for a New Kids show that I had...ever. Maybe it's because Donnie stood on our side when he sang and even pointed at 'me'. (yah yah, I know) Or maybe it's because I felt as if I did the whole thing without help and got to enjoy one heckuva show!

Who knows what special place my latest dates will hold but something tells me that this time next year, I'll be just as excited...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm so happy for you. Sounds like a great memory and a good reason to like November 25. I like any reason to fondly remember a date.