Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, May 5, 2008

Stress of Tickets...

I knew from the moment they announced the reunion that I would be attending a show. Knowing me, I also knew that it would most likely be more than just one show. Afterall I can't have my boys be in the "area" and not go. It was the same mentality as when I knew they were home back in the day, how could I not go check them out?
A reunion tour would be no different.

When they announced tour dates & ticket sales I was very excited & anxious. I felt like that 17 year girl all over again who would have to have multiple people trying to call ticketmaster on a Saturday morning to try to get tickets. There was even one show (Nov 25th, 1989) where we physically camped out at the Garden to try to get better seats (which we got 3rd row right on the side of the stage so we didn't do that bad). I panicked thinking there is a chance we won't get tickets and I'd be devastated!

And to complicate matters further, I discovered that no only were tickets going on sale but there was a VIP package you could purchase which guaranteed you a seat in the first 10 rows, a Meet & Greet with photo op, a laminate & gift. I thought to myself this is crazy ... I shouldn't be spending the money on this now that I'm an adult raising a child. I decided to ask people their opinions to see if they thought I was crazy...and I was under the impression that once too many people told me it was stupid that I would just go for normal seats.

HOWEVER - every person I asked told me that it was a fantastic opportunity and I'd be stupid if I didn't do it! Well that summed that up. I decided that I would get the 5* VIP package for the Boston show. Alyson was also IN for the VIP ticket package and seemed almost as excited as I was...if that was possible. I knew Alyson, Moira & Chris wanted to go to the Boston show ... so the plan was to try to get 2 for VIP and 2 regular seats and if the VIP sold out - I'd get 4 regular.

Tickets went on sale on May 5th @ 10am. I had a meeting in work but told them I would be late due to a previous meeting. I had my websites ready to go for VIP as well as normal seats. It was 9:20 in the morning and I was freaking out. I called my mother at work because I was a nervous wreck. I couldn't sit still, I couldn't focus and I certainly couldn't do work. I just kept hitting the refresh button on the web page. I was praying that no one would come to my office to ask me an important question!! My mom chuckled at me more just because she thought it was cute than it was ridiculous. But I seriously couldn't breath at one point.

Then all of a sudden at 9:35am I refreshed the page and the VIP packages said "NOW AVAILABLE"!

what?

but it's not 10:00am yet!

I freaked out!

I hit the Click to purchase and selected 2. I got into the next screen and it was asking for a show password!

PANIC!

I didn't know the show password. I knew the password to the VIP tickets was 'nkotb' but that didn't seem to be the same thing. Then I didn't know if AMEX had their own passwords as this was for AMEX pre-sale cardholders. I filled out info but then after 3 minutes (I checked the clock), it booted me from the page saying time alloted expired. I wanted to cry! I kept refreshing and trying again and I would get "SOLD OUT" or "NOT AVAILABLE". I truly wanted to crawl under my desk and cry.

I tried for the next 20 minutes with no luck.

nothing.

Finally at 10am, I went to ticketmaster and bought 4 regular seats for the Boston show. If I couldn't get VIP then I was going to be there somehow and I wasn't going to let that pass me by. I was pretty bummed the entire day.

The entire week - actually.

I tried to convince Alyson to go to NY or NJ with me for the 5* VIP and she was okay but hesitant with the idea. Then she told me not to get them and that we would figure something out. Part of me was thinking that she already ordered them and maybe it was going to be a Mother's day present. Then Mother's day came and nothing. I tried not to be bummed.

I would tell myself that at least I'm going to see them and we have decent floor seats. Then on Friday night, I was driving home and Joe called into Kiss108 with an announcement. He said because tickets went so quickly for their Boston hometown show, they've added a second date!

I don't think I could have driven home fast enough! I got home, flew in the house, blew by my family, and turned my computer on.

I opened the website.

5* VIP - Boston show on 9/28 - AVAILABLE

I clicked purchase and selected 2.

I filled out the info and found out I didn't need the password to continue.

I clicked 'confirm order'.

CONFIRMATION!

*SIGH*

Huge relief that I had my VIP tickets. And not only that, we were going to be going to both hometown shows in Boston at the Garden! It couldn't get better than that!

Well it did actually.

We also decided to buy tickets for the Mohegan Sun show on Sept 30th in CT. And since we were going to go to CT, we might as well go big and get the 5* VIP treatment. Afterall, we are superstahhs.

Then the RI show was announced. This time I couldn't justify doing a 3rd VIP so we got 'regular' seats. And then I made a comment/joke that as long as they performed in New England that I would go.

And wouldn't you know it ... the posted a 2nd show in Mohegan Sun.

Can't go out without a bang, right?

Yup - we got 5* VIP to that one too.

5 shows for 5 guys ... I mean how could you do it any other way? Oh by sprinkling in VIP throughout our Fall 2008 mini-Tour!

Let's Get This!

No comments: